Monday, June 27, 2011

Sewin Stitches

So, this year along with a couple of the girls from work I have learned the process of quilting under the expert guidance of our boss Kim. There are LOTS of steps to making a quilt! First you start with a pattern (you'll never make it without one lol) and then you cut tons and tons of squares according to the pattern. Then once you've cut all these little sqares they get sewed to other pieces to make bigger squares, then all the squares get sewn together to make rows. Here I am on the day I completed my rows. Very exciting!!!!




Once the rows are sewn it is very important to lay it all out so that you can see exactly how it lines up and see how you will sew the rows together.




Somehow the pictures got a little bit out of order. Above is my presser foot in the down position as I get ready to take my first ever quilting stitch. And below is the finished top. Not sure why the picture above this jumped up two spots but rather than reload them all I've decided to confuse you instead. :)

O and notice the pillowcase I made to match. I'm putting my newfound sewing talents and my scraps to good use.



Here is a self picture (I'm sure you couldn't tell) of me during the quilting process. This is before I realized that this machine is really not made for quilting and got really frustrated. There was no more smiling after that.





But finally after much cutting, stitching, ironing, and binding (did I mention ironing?) here is the finished product. Kim and I are holding up Jessa's new quilt. I couldn't have done it without Kim!!! As a matter of fact I probably won't be able to do it a second time without Kim! Thank goodness she loves to help us :)




And here is the 100% finished product. Enjoy daughter o' mine.






1 comment:

  1. Very nice job... well done! And I still need help with my projects and I have done several quilts!

    ReplyDelete