Sunday, October 16, 2011

WOF 2011 Intro

Elaine and I attended the Women of Faith conference in Sacramento on Friday and Saturday.  Words cannot describe how wonderful it was.  If I had to pick a favorite it would be Patsy Clairmont.  Her words resonated within me and they were sharp and poignant.  She was also hands down one of the funniest speakers I have ever heard (including professional comedians).  Add to that the fact that she is an older lady, very petite and an adorable dresser and you can't but help wanting to put her in your pocket and keep her with you.  I'll definitely be sharing some of her words in the week to come.  Then there was Andy Andrews.  Wow!  I had to laugh because that man moves so much it literally made me dizzy to try to watch him on the big screen.  Thankfully we were in the second row and I was able to just watch his energy in motion without the added bonus of nausea.  I can see why Presidents, Corporations and Professional Athletic Teams all hire him to speak to them.  He was for lack of a better phrase..."Off the Hook"!  I'm sure I'll be sharing some of his thoughts and stories as the weeks go on too.  You can't help but smile when you watch Andy speaking.  His smile never leaves his face and you can literally feel the genuineness of this good 'ole boy from Alabama's  feelings radiating out from him.

Other speakers included Sandi Patti, Lisa Weschel and Marilyn Meberg.  Also, wonderful messages of hope, friendship and inspiration.  The music by Sandi Patti, Mandisa and Selah was phenomenal!

Here Elaine and I are on Day 1 at the afternoon break.

No comments:

Post a Comment