Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What If

Jessica had to write her own version of a Shel Silverstein poem yesterday.
My little girl's poem is pure creative genius.  A must share!


What If


Last night while I lay thinking here,
Some what ifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old what if song


What if I get a beagle?
What if I get attacked by a seagull?
What if cookies have been made?
What if my cousins are at the arcade?


What if I go to the zoo?
What if I see you there too?
What if I get a Christmas tree?
What if its not full of glee?


What if I fall on a brick?
What if I get a tick?
What if I get hit by a bus?
What if I meet a guy named Gus?


What if I lose all my hair?
What if I see a bear?
What if all these what ifs are true?
What if you have what ifs too?


Everything seems swell and then
The nightime what ifs strike again!

No comments:

Post a Comment