Saturday, June 30, 2012

Making Over Old Furniture

A couple of weeks ago we decided to give Jessica's old dresser a make-over.  It's over 60 years old and judging by the underneath has looked quite a few different ways over the years.  I did, however, realize that I'd already taken two drawers out and carried them downstairs without taking a before picture.  So, here is my slightly belated before picture minus two drawers.  (I wasn't carrying them back up stairs - not because I'm lazy, but because I was impatient to get started - that's my story anyway!)

This is Jessica's first major painting project where she got to help me and dad.  She did a great job.  Hopefully, she will take after me in the painting department.  I love to paint!

Mike and Jess working away.  It took us one weekend to sand the drawers, paint them and finish them.  Then another weekend to bring the dresser down, get it all sanded and painted.

Here is our final result.  She now has beautiful knobs, a greeen glittery drawer, a purple glittery drawer, a turquoise glittery drawer and a hot pink glittery drawer.  All the colors of her room.  The dresser itself it linen white and turned out very nice.

2 comments: